Certificates are like a garden. With a little bit of seed money and patience, you’ll reap the rewards of serious dividends.
No Setup or Service Charges
- Fixed rates, higher than regular savings
- Deposits federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration
- Receive higher rates by selecting a longer term
- Provides more guarantee than other risky investments
- Set aside for future savings goals
- A wide range of terms available (from 30 days to 6 years)
- No setup or service charges
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty1
- $200 minimum deposit to open
Step Up Certificates
This flexible savings program allows you to change your certificate rate one time during the term. If the rates go up — you're covered! You can "step up" to the higher rate.
1For all Certificate accounts, the amount of the early withdrawal penalty is based on the term of your account. The penalty schedule is as follows:
- Terms of less than 90 days 30 days’ dividends
- Terms of 90 days to 1 year 90 days’ dividends
- Terms of longer than 1 year 180 days’ dividends
The penalty imposed will equal the lesser of all dividends earned or terms above. However, the penalty will not be less than 7 days’ dividends.